Okay, there's actually no dish that's a must for Superbowl Sunday. It's not like Thanksgiving with a turkey or doughnuts during Hanukkah.
BUT, a whole lot of people are probably going to be eating chicken wings some time during that day.
Here's the latest.
Apricot Sticky Wings
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut into sections
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the jam, brown sugar, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ginger, garlic, scallions, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to blend ingredients thoroughly. Wipe the chicken wing parts and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with half the jam mixture. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the wings. Brush with the remaining jam mixture. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the wings are lightly crispy.
Makes 8-10 servings